She was mine for a moment...

Let's talk guitars! Show us pictures of your projects, new acquisitions and future hopefuls to join your herd.
K Harlan

She was mine for a moment...

Postby K Harlan » Tue May 07, 2019 2:59 pm

This past weekend I had the pleasure of hosting our own Chip Todd. It was great to see him and enjoy his company and great stories - he's working hard on the book, y'all!

Saturday night we had a party/jam session. Chip brought his short scale basslet and ...No. 2, the Walnut T-60. We left her in the case during the party but I got her out Sunday evening to give her a chance to play with some of her descendants. I would dearly love to give this beauty a home but alas, I was only able to see what she'd look like on the wall, and what she'd sound like through my amps.

Also, I was curious how she sounded compared to my Natural. My sunburst is de-strung awaiting a pickup selector switch. So, I played both guitars through my '65 Gibson Apollo. I couldn't really crank it since everyone else in the house was napping, but man, what fun! I'm happy to report they sounded very similar. I really wasn't sure about mine as I bought it used and you never know. The Walnut T plays beautifully, has that classic T60 sound through the toasters and all that with the same strings she came with in '79!

Here's a quick 'family picture':
T-60 Reunion.jpg
T-60 Reunion.jpg (77.57 KiB) Viewed 109 times
Kevin

''83 T-60, Patriot, Jim Adkins Tele, Homebuilt Strat (not by me), Marvel Archtop, Gibson flattop, Epiphone Mandobird, and a number of guitars that come and go...

strummer

Re: She was mine for a moment...

Postby strummer » Tue May 07, 2019 7:41 pm

C

K Harlan

Re: She was mine for a moment...

Postby K Harlan » Thu May 09, 2019 8:53 pm

Not sure how I managed to post this twice...
Kevin

''83 T-60, Patriot, Jim Adkins Tele, Homebuilt Strat (not by me), Marvel Archtop, Gibson flattop, Epiphone Mandobird, and a number of guitars that come and go...

Return to “Guitar Talk”