Scarlett finally got some stage time

Let's talk guitars! Show us pictures of your projects, new acquisitions and future hopefuls to join your herd.
Frank N. Peavey
Site Admin

Scarlett finally got some stage time

Postby Frank N. Peavey » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:17 am

Scarlett finally got some stage time on Friday night. Scarlett is the name I gave to my ITOC gift T-60. For the benefit of newer members. I've always referred to a red/rosewood/toaster T-60 as my holy grail. I had never been able to find one for sale when I had the extra cash and when one was available I was broke. Several years ago some members here (who still remain a unknown to me) conspired to purchase one and mail it to me. I was totally in the dark about this.

I was away from the house on the day it was delivered, so the mailperson left the little "you have a package to pick up" note for me. When I got in I saw the note and headed to the post office.

I was totally shocked when they retrieved a guitar shipping box and handed it to me. I double checked the address to make sure they weren't giving me the wrong package. Sure enough, it was addressed to me.

I signed the papers, grabbed the box and headed back home. As soon as I got home I ran inside to open it up. I'm not ashamed to admit that my eyes started to water up when I opened the inner box up and saw my holy grail. Then I read the note included and I completely lost it. The tears started flowing. I was and still am extremely honored that some folks here did that for me. Hell, I started crying again while composing this.

I can't believe I hadn't played her at a gig until this weekend. I knew that the second guitarist wasn't going to be at the show and asked if I could sit in for the whole set versus my normal two songs. I ended up playing about three quarters of their set. And this is the gear I chose to take with me...

fnp rig Metrotham 2019.jpg
fnp rig Metrotham 2019.jpg (2.91 MiB) Viewed 318 times

That's Scarlett on the left. Samantha is the Hamer next to her. One really should have a pointy guitar when playing beside Bambi Lynn. ;)

The top Bandit is the one I've had since 1983. The bottom Bandit is one I found a few years ago really cheap. I figured I could use it as a backup in case something happens to my #1 Bandit. Who am I kidding? Thirty odd years with no problems. So now I have a really heavy guitar stand. ;)

Some of you know I'm a pedal nerd, so I had to have some toys to dance on.

fnp pedals Metrotham 2019.jpg
fnp pedals Metrotham 2019.jpg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 318 times

And here's a shot of the stage prior to the show.

Radio Cult stage Metrotham 2019.jpg
Radio Cult stage Metrotham 2019.jpg (3.39 MiB) Viewed 318 times

Peavey was well represented that night. Besides my gear Ricky uses a Peavey rack mount bass thingie and speaker cabinet. And the Radio Cult PA and monitor system is Peavey as well.

So far pictures and video of the actual show haven't surfaced yet, but in all fairness the Con has only been over for a few hours.

I almost forgot. Ricky and Bambi did an acoustic set today and I got called up to do a bluegrass standard written by four brothers from Forest Hills that weren't related. You guessed it. We totally rocked Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones unplugged.
Tony
ITOC #05-00013

T-63, 5 T-60s, Hydra, Mantis LT, Mystic, Odyssey, 3 Patriot tremolos, Patriot Bass, 2 Predators, 2 Raptor I, Razer, Reactor, Retro Fire, 3 Rockmasters, 2 Bandits, Backstage, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP 2.

strummer

Re: Scarlett finally got some stage time

Postby strummer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:55 pm

Very cool! Nice gear. Must have been a blast.

K Harlan

Postby K Harlan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:06 pm

So glad Miss Scarlett got in on the action!

Also glad you get to play with Radio Cult, Tony
Kevin

''83 T-60, Patriot, Jim Adkins Tele, Homebuilt Strat (not by me), Marvel Archtop, Gibson flattop, Epiphone Mandobird, and a number of guitars that come and go...

Frank N. Peavey
Site Admin

Postby Frank N. Peavey » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:52 am

Thanks guys! It's always fun playing with Radio Cult. I'm so glad they let a hack like me get up and pretend I'm a rock star for a while.
Tony
ITOC #05-00013

T-63, 5 T-60s, Hydra, Mantis LT, Mystic, Odyssey, 3 Patriot tremolos, Patriot Bass, 2 Predators, 2 Raptor I, Razer, Reactor, Retro Fire, 3 Rockmasters, 2 Bandits, Backstage, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP 2.

Frank N. Peavey
Site Admin

Postby Frank N. Peavey » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:23 am

It took a while, but pics finally made their way to me.

Early in the set...
Metrotham 2019 - photo by Thomas Blanks 01.jpg
Metrotham 2019 - photo by Thomas Blanks 01.jpg (127.17 KiB) Viewed 77 times

Tony taking a lead, a rarity caught on film. Well, caught on digital media.
Metrotham 2019 - photo by Thomas Blanks 03.jpg
Metrotham 2019 - photo by Thomas Blanks 03.jpg (142.76 KiB) Viewed 77 times

Guest time. Check out the young dude on drums and his Dad on guitar.
Metrotham 2019 - photo by Thomas Blanks 04.jpg
Metrotham 2019 - photo by Thomas Blanks 04.jpg (120.59 KiB) Viewed 77 times

Bambi switched to bass, me and Ricky are chanting Hey Ho Let's Go. Must be Blitzkrieg Bop time.
Metrotham 2019 - photo by Thomas Blanks 06.jpg
Metrotham 2019 - photo by Thomas Blanks 06.jpg (134.57 KiB) Viewed 77 times

And one from the acoustic set the last day of the convention.
Metrotham 2019 - photo by Thomas Blanks 08.jpg
Metrotham 2019 - photo by Thomas Blanks 08.jpg (123.87 KiB) Viewed 77 times
Tony
ITOC #05-00013

Return to “Guitar Talk”