New American Peavey guitar?

Let's talk guitars! Show us pictures of your projects, new acquisitions and future hopefuls to join your herd.
K Harlan

New American Peavey guitar?

Postby K Harlan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:04 pm

I recently saw a story about Peavey releasing a new guitar - looks like a Wolfie, kind of. The story was on one of the guitar site emails I get; can't remember which, maybe Premier Guitar or Reverb. But they were checking out a new Peavey issue and referred to it as an American guitar. I don't think it specifically said American Made, though.

Anybody know about this? I'm sure I could look it up myself, but...
Kevin

''83 T-60, Patriot, Jim Adkins Tele, Homebuilt Strat (not by me), Marvel Archtop, Gibson flattop, Epiphone Mandobird, and a number of guitars that come and go...

walterdc

Re: New American Peavey guitar?

Postby walterdc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:19 pm

K Harlan wrote:I recently saw a story about Peavey releasing a new guitar - looks like a Wolfie, kind of. The story was on one of the guitar site emails I get; can't remember which, maybe Premier Guitar or Reverb. But they were checking out a new Peavey issue and referred to it as an American guitar. I don't think it specifically said American Made, though.

Anybody know about this? I'm sure I could look it up myself, but...

Kevin,
I heard about this too. The peavey website has a lineup of HP2 models that are made USA. https://peavey.com/products/electric-guitars.cfm#series-1

Have a good one!

Walter
ITOC# 10-00254 2 custom Peavey t60's, and assorted other guitars, hand built Trinity tweed amp

K Harlan

Postby K Harlan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Ah, thanks, Walter! Even though I was promised the occasional flashback, it is nice to know I wasn't hallucinating about US made Peaveys...

Love the tigereye one!
Kevin

''83 T-60, Patriot, Jim Adkins Tele, Homebuilt Strat (not by me), Marvel Archtop, Gibson flattop, Epiphone Mandobird, and a number of guitars that come and go...

Damon67

Postby Damon67 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:26 pm

This is really old news, like 2 years old. And really it seems they are already going away. Can't seem to build them, even though they're in high demand. The place has really gone to hell in a hand basket since Courtland took over main responsibilities.

I've also posted several times that I'm a dealer for Peavey (Red Blanket Guitars). I have Peavey amps in stock as well as the HP2 guitars, though there are only 2 left now.
Attachments
DSC_0737.jpg
DSC_0737.jpg (348.29 KiB) Viewed 80 times

K Harlan

Postby K Harlan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:32 pm

:shock: :oops:

Hi, Damon,
You told us about those guitars, didn't you? Leave it to me to pick up on an article that was written late...and swallow that bait.
Hope Red Blanket is doing well!
Kevin

Return to “Guitar Talk”