T-60 phase switch

This is where we discuss anything and everything...well, except for politics and religion. Find some other board for those arguments.
EonSpirit

T-60 phase switch

Postby EonSpirit » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:09 pm

Hey guys,

So I've stumbled upon this site after unsuccessfully trying to find these babies all over the Internet for a while. I need a replacement phase switch for my trusty ole T-60, but the best Internet had for me so far was pots and one bridge magnet... that includes googling,ebay-ing, amazon-ing,what-have-you... so yeah..does anyone, by any chance, know,if it's at all possible and where to find switches that, if not the real deal, at least look exactly like the T60 originals? The magnet switching one is fine, but the previous owner of this fine guitar replaced the other original switch with some crappy T-40-like switch, and also messed with the wiring of the guitar.I've managed to get the vanilla functioning of everything back to normal, but I need a new phase switch, and, ideally, one, that looks like it was from the original. Any ideas? :)

Thanks in advance!

Frank N. Peavey
Site Admin

Re: T-60 phase switch

Postby Frank N. Peavey » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:24 pm

First off, welcome to the show.

I've got a replacement parts thread stickied in the Guitar Talk forum here. http://www.samuelbarker.net/t60mafiaforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110

We've got several sources for the first style (flat tip) switches. We haven't found many sources for the second style (round tip) switches yet.

We also have a wiring under the Mods section on the main page. PM me and email address and I can get you a copy of another one as well as the Peavey guitar setup sheet.
Tony
ITOC #05-00013

T-63, 5 T-60s, Hydra, Mantis LT, Mystic, Odyssey, 3 Patriot tremolos, Patriot Bass, 2 Predators, 2 Raptor I, Razer, Reactor, Retro Fire, 3 Rockmasters, 2 Bandits, Backstage, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP 2.

walterdc

Postby walterdc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:07 am

EonSpirit wrote:Hey guys,

So I've stumbled upon this site after unsuccessfully trying to find these babies all over the Internet for a while. I need a replacement phase switch for my trusty ole T-60, but the best Internet had for me so far was pots and one bridge magnet... that includes googling,ebay-ing, amazon-ing,what-have-you... so yeah..does anyone, by any chance, know,if it's at all possible and where to find switches that, if not the real deal, at least look exactly like the T60 originals? The magnet switching one is fine, but the previous owner of this fine guitar replaced the other original switch with some crappy T-40-like switch, and also messed with the wiring of the guitar.I've managed to get the vanilla functioning of everything back to normal, but I need a new phase switch, and, ideally, one, that looks like it was from the original. Any ideas? :)

Thanks in advance!

The switch is nothing special. It's a simple DPDT switch ON- ON as I recall. radioshack.com has the flat lever style https://www.radioshack.com/products/flatted-dpdt-toggle-switch It seems they are buy one get one free at the moment.

Allparts usually carries them but it seems all they have is gold.

Good luck
Walter
ITOC# 10-00254 2 custom Peavey t60's, and assorted other guitars, hand built Trinity tweed amp

EonSpirit

Postby EonSpirit » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:26 am

Oh, you guys are freaking amazing - THANK YOU! Knew this place would be great, all but gave up hope with traditional searching methods. The issue is that I'm currently living in Europe, Serbia, to be precise... but hopefully I can get this shipped from Radioshack.. failing that, I'm in the US in June, so hopefully then :)

Sent you a PM Frank :)

Thanks again, you guys are the best!

Return to “General Discussion”