Saying Hello/Plant 2 Gems (with pics!)

This is where we discuss anything and everything...well, except for politics and religion. Find some other board for those arguments.
derrickcook1994

Saying Hello/Plant 2 Gems (with pics!)

Postby derrickcook1994 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:48 am

Hey all!
I'm sure this won't be the first time ive introduced myself to some of you, but my name is Derrick Cook. Finally got around to signing onto here and ive got a lot to share. In 2018 i was blessed with the privilege of cleaning out what was left in the attic of Plant 2 that Chip and Hartley didnt take, and snagged some beautiful gems while digging around in the (admittedly unsafe and sweltering hot) junk. Thought i would share some photos of what i pulled for myself (most things were sold to fund the mission that was donated the old building). Some i have built up, others are in the process. Not all of these are T-60/40 related so if im out of line please let me know. I also know a lot about most of these, and do still have some Non T-40/60 parts available for sale if anyone is looking for them. Thanks!

EDIT: I suggest zooming out on your browser...very hi res pics.

Gold Chrome T-20

Chrome T-20

Chrome T-25 (Gifted From Ronnie Goss)

Banana Yellow Patriot

Frost Blue Foundation (with "sun baked" maple neck...haha.)

Solid Flame Maple T-60 (The pictures don't do it justice!)

Sustanite T-25/60 (T-25 Prototype)

Strange German Carved T-Something??? Chip??? Haha! Believe this originall had "dual ferrite" pickups in it.

Frank N. Peavey
Site Admin

Re: Saying Hello/Plant 2 Gems (with pics!)

Postby Frank N. Peavey » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:57 pm

Welcome to the show Derrick!
Tony
ITOC #05-00013

T-63, 5 T-60s, Hydra, Mantis LT, Mystic, Odyssey, 3 Patriot tremolos, Patriot Bass, 2 Predators, 2 Raptor I, Razer, Reactor, Retro Fire, 3 Rockmasters, 2 Bandits, Backstage, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP 2.

walterdc

Postby walterdc » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:52 pm

Hey Derrick, welcome aboard! Very nice collection of projects there. I really enjoy building and have documented numerous projects here over the years, some sadly have gone by the wayside due to server changes. I have the most fun with taking a bunch of parts and putting something together that really sounds and plays great.

Thanks for sharing! If you ever want to part with any of the bodies pictured, I'd be interested. Always looking for a good project. Just send me a note and we can talk.

Again, welcome aboard and don't be a stranger.
Walter
ITOC# 10-00254 2 custom Peavey t60's, and assorted other guitars, hand built Trinity tweed amp

derrickcook1994

Postby derrickcook1994 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:20 am

walterdc wrote:Hey Derrick, welcome aboard! Very nice collection of projects there. I really enjoy building and have documented numerous projects here over the years, some sadly have gone by the wayside due to server changes. I have the most fun with taking a bunch of parts and putting something together that really sounds and plays great.

Thanks for sharing! If you ever want to part with any of the bodies pictured, I'd be interested. Always looking for a good project. Just send me a note and we can talk.

Again, welcome aboard and don't be a stranger.
Walter

haha ill definitely be building each of these up as my sweat and hard work went into picking em all out so theyre special rescues to me! haha. that being said i do need one more "dual ferrite" pickup for the german carved one if you know the folks chip sent the other couple too. we're pretty certain that is the body that they were made for.

737Guitar

Postby 737Guitar » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi, Derrick, welcome to the show! That frost blue Foundation is way too cool! Some other guy on here who loves blue is going to ask you this, so let me get it out of the way. Is that for sale? :P PM me OK, I had to ask....
The chromed T20s are just sick, in a good way! Thanks for sharing.
-Bill

derrickcook1994

Postby derrickcook1994 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:53 pm

737Guitar wrote:Hi, Derrick, welcome to the show! That frost blue Foundation is way too cool! Some other guy on here who loves blue is going to ask you this, so let me get it out of the way. Is that for sale? :P PM me OK, I had to ask....
-Bill

Haha i too am a lover of blue. Frost Blue is my favorite finish color. Sorry, that one is sticking with me! All these are haha.

K Harlan

Postby K Harlan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Hello, Derrick!
Thanks for sharing and coming on board!
Kevin

''83 T-60, Patriot, Jim Adkins Tele, Homebuilt Strat (not by me), Marvel Archtop, Gibson flattop, Epiphone Mandobird, and a number of guitars that come and go...

Lacking Talent

Postby Lacking Talent » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:58 pm

Welcome; curious to know why that huge mound of parts was never offered here, nor on the official Peavey forum, either...

ropingrick

Postby ropingrick » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:17 pm

737Guitar wrote:Hi, Derrick, welcome to the show! That frost blue Foundation is way too cool! Some other guy on here who loves blue is going to ask you this, so let me get it out of the way. Is that for sale? :P PM me OK, I had to ask....
-Bill

I have NO idea who you would be talking about no clue at all lol
you can always sleep when you are dead

ropingrick

Postby ropingrick » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:18 pm

my question is how did they get the chrome and the gold to stick to the wood bodys?? or is it like a giant cap??
you can always sleep when you are dead

Return to “General Discussion”