A project guitar for the cost of shipping

Got something want to sell? Is there something you want to buy? Well, here's the spot.
chiptodd

A project guitar for the cost of shipping

Postby chiptodd » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:28 am

A friend of mine wanted to get rid of a black Peavey Viper guitar that was exposed to the wrath of Hurricane Harvey and wanted me to find a tinkerer that might want a project guitar. It is in need of some replacement items and one would, in essence, be wanting to replace most, if not all, of the hardware. The paint could be salvaged, but I haven't tested the pickups since the pole-pieces are ugly. All I want for it is the cost of shipping. If you're near the Houston area, you could pick it up and visit over a cup of coffee. It would take a Gibson Humbucker and two generic Fender type single-coil pickups. Depending upon your location, it could probably be shipped for $20 or less. I could probably beat the $20 if I took the neck off and packed it more compact.
I rarely check PMs, but answer (409) 354-9094 if there's a caller ID with the call. I have had to get a scam filter to help lesson the unsolicited calls. The frets and Rosewood fretboard, and neck seem to be in serviceable condition, but it probably wouldn't be worth buying new pickups and bridge. It would make a serviceable beater if one is into funky.
Attachments
DSCF2992.JPG
DSCF2992.JPG (3.61 MiB) Viewed 278 times
DSCF2991.JPG
DSCF2991.JPG (3.65 MiB) Viewed 278 times
Chip Todd, (409) 354-9094 Scam filter active, so give ID
208 Dover Lane, Friendswood, TX 77546
chiptoddguitars@gmail.com

jethro

Re: A project guitar for the cost of shipping

Postby jethro » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:17 pm

Wow, nature did a number on that one.

walterdc

Re: A project guitar for the cost of shipping

Postby walterdc » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:25 pm

Ive got a friend who was given several guitars that survived hurricane Katrine. We have one hanging in the shop. Looks like we are starting the hurricane collection. It will be fun to fix up and make play again! Looking forward to it.

Walter
ITOC# 10-00254 2 custom Peavey t60's, and assorted other guitars, hand built Trinity tweed amp

Return to “Trading Post”