Replacement parts

Let's talk guitars! Show us pictures of your projects, new acquisitions and future hopefuls to join your herd.
laughing lucifer

Re: Replacement parts

Postby laughing lucifer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Thank you, my brain backfired and I thought it was PU-Ring screws.
BUT...since i was looking for those No. 4 screws I found the ones I need.

The screws for the PU-Rings are 16mm x 1 No. 2 philips C (sunken head) screws.

EDIT: The ones mentioned above are NOT the right ones for the PU-Rings :cry:
No. 2 philips won't fit due to the head diameter, angle and length until the threading starts.

If anyone could take on of their PU-Ring screws out and find exactly the same screws would really help me out.
Can anyone remember what kind were used putting them together?

It's such a pain to find them here. If I have to order them I have to take at least 50 or more.
I'd just like the same screw size in stainless steel or chrome finish. Even just knowing what ISO norm applies would be helpful to find them.

I could use other screws, right? Not that easy...
The same head-shape is needed or my slightly cracked PU-Rings will break. I'm trying to fix them with black superglue in the future.
On the later T60's with the blades and on the T40's the screws are further to the center and not directly in the corner like on mine from 79.

My measurements:
    d_head: 4,65 mm
    d_thread: 2,3 mm
    L_overall: 16 mm
    L_until thread: 1,8 mm

If a tank could play guitar, it would play a T60. 8-)

William

Postby William » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:16 am

Moukari wrote:No problem, William.. 8-)

Moukari, you were helpful last year when I needed the size of the pickguard screws. This year, I need to replace the bridge plate screws, and the screws that hold the neck to the body. (Removed them to clean the hardware, got distracted, and well you can guess what happened.) Can you help, sir?
'78 Ovation Balladeer, '79 Peavey T-60, '82 Dauphin Model 40 (classical) 'O5 Epi Masterbilt EF-500, Epi Les Paul Tribute 2010, Squier Deluxe Strat, Squier CV Tele

Moukari

Postby Moukari » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:20 am

Well, I know that Telecaster bridge screws are #6 x 1 inch, and I believe the T-60 takes the same. And the neck screws should be #8 x 1 3/4 inch.

They're just a few cents each in stainless at the Bolt Depot, but then the shipping drives the price up quick. :? If you have a Menards or Home Depot nearby they might be able to hook you up. Hope this helps.
- Dave

Proud owner of way too many guitars...

William

Postby William » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 am

I knew you'd come through for me, Moukari. Thanks. I have an excellent hardware store not too far away that over the years has had every little thing I have needed. I'm sure they will fix me up.

I read somewhere that a tele neck is an exact for for the T, so it makes sense they would take the same hardware.
'78 Ovation Balladeer, '79 Peavey T-60, '82 Dauphin Model 40 (classical) 'O5 Epi Masterbilt EF-500, Epi Les Paul Tribute 2010, Squier Deluxe Strat, Squier CV Tele

Moukari

Postby Moukari » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:01 am

Always good to have a local source for the bits and pieces. We've got a Fastenal store here in town that has some of the more specialized items, but their prices are pretty "special" too... ;)
- Dave

Proud owner of way too many guitars...

Kenazz814

Postby Kenazz814 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:36 am

This may be a dumb question but here goes. You mentioned that the Gotoh #0025 bridge would be a close replacement for the T60 bridge. How does it mount when one is using the toaster pickups? The 0025 has a cutout for a single pickup.

Return to “Guitar Talk”