Newbie with an Oldie (Again)

Let's talk guitars! Show us pictures of your projects, new acquisitions and future hopefuls to join your herd.
LDH®

Re: Newbie with an Oldie (Again)

Postby LDH® » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:07 pm

Thank you gentlemen.

K Harlan

Postby K Harlan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:28 pm

That's one of the coolest stories we've heard on this forum. We always ask how people got their T-60. There are a couple guitars I'd like back - I buy/sell constantly, too- including my first T-60. I sold it to a guy that sounded like he'd appreciate it. He immediately painted it and sold it. :roll:
Kevin

''83 T-60, Patriot, Jim Adkins Tele, Homebuilt Strat (not by me), Marvel Archtop, Gibson flattop, Epiphone Mandobird, and a number of guitars that come and go...

Moukari

Postby Moukari » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:12 am

K Harlan wrote:That's one of the coolest stories we've heard on this forum. We always ask how people got their T-60. There are a couple guitars I'd like back - I buy/sell constantly, too- including my first T-60. I sold it to a guy that sounded like he'd appreciate it. He immediately painted it and sold it. :roll:

I had a nice Epi Les Paul I was trying to sell, this guy at work tells me he's always wanted one just like that one, but he's short of money because of various personal problems. He really seemed sad about missing out, so I stayed in touch with him, and around X-mas I sold it to him really cheap. He was all excited and couldn't thank me enough, then a week later I asked him how he liked it, and he said "oh I traded it off that same day for a Strat!" There's one born every minute, the old saying goes, and that day it was me! :oops: :roll: :cry:
- Dave

Proud owner of way too many guitars...

LDH®

Postby LDH® » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:20 pm

Just wanted to share this guitar strap I commissioned from Well-Hung up in Canada. He knocked it out of the park for me!

walterdc

Postby walterdc » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:51 pm

Nice Match! looks like they came as a set.

Walter
ITOC# 10-00254 2 custom Peavey t60's, and assorted other guitars, hand built Trinity tweed amp

LDH®

Postby LDH® » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:19 pm

Thanks! I am very pleased with his work.

strummer

Postby strummer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Moukari wrote:
K Harlan wrote:That's one of the coolest stories we've heard on this forum. We always ask how people got their T-60. There are a couple guitars I'd like back - I buy/sell constantly, too- including my first T-60. I sold it to a guy that sounded like he'd appreciate it. He immediately painted it and sold it. :roll:

I had a nice Epi Les Paul I was trying to sell, this guy at work tells me he's always wanted one just like that one, but he's short of money because of various personal problems. He really seemed sad about missing out, so I stayed in touch with him, and around X-mas I sold it to him really cheap. He was all excited and couldn't thank me enough, then a week later I asked him how he liked it, and he said "oh I traded it off that same day for a Strat!" There's one born every minute, the old saying goes, and that day it was me! :oops: :roll: :cry:

What a jerk! (Him, not you!) :D

strummer

Postby strummer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:15 pm

LDH® wrote:Just wanted to share this guitar strap I commissioned from Well-Hung up in Canada. He knocked it out of the park for me!

Great story; sweet customization.

LDH®

Postby LDH® » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:47 pm

Sooooo I picked up this ridiculously heavy, unbalanced monstrosity again last night, sat down in my favorite chair and gave it an honest go. It has the lowest string height of any guitar in my collection and fretting chords anywhere on the neck it seems to just read your mind. Outside of that rhythm style of playing I just cannot gel with this guitar anymore than I did all those years ago. I'm just not adaptable enough to make it work properly... It takes a thin pick and a very light touch to make it ring clear and I have the worst time slipping off the fretboard on both E strings when going for individual notes rather than chords. The narrow fretboard with the strings so close to the edge leaves very little room for error and I MAKE A LOT OF ERRORS...

That being said it has an amazing tone and sustain and letting arpeggios ring out is definitely a strong point for it. I added some moderate flanger through one of the preamps and it was auditory nirvana (not to be confused with the band and their irregular tunings :) )

In other news I recently picked up an Open Box Charvel with the compound neck radius. Absolutely brilliant neck design. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but you owe it to yourself to at least try one of these necks if you haven't already.

Next up I have a 2006 MIM HSS Strat I am giving some love. It will be my first Stratocaster with a Humbucker ever which interests me for testing new tones, but I really just want a new guitar to modify and personalize...

Moukari

Postby Moukari » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:47 am

strummer wrote:
Moukari wrote:

What a jerk! (Him, not you!) :D

I was selling a parts strat at work for $200 - this guy asked me if he could get a deal. I told him "seeing as it's you, I'll let you have it for $300!" :twisted: Then I had to explain to him how he did me dirty on the other deal, not surprisingly he thought it was just a good business deal... :roll:
- Dave

Proud owner of way too many guitars...

Return to “Guitar Talk”